Photinia - x "fraseri" Red Robin
A very popular hedge plant, this fast growing evergreen is ideal to plant at the back of a border. The glossy foliage of the Photinia x fraseri (also known as Red Tip Photinia or Red Robin) boasts a cheerful bright red colour turning evergreen after a few weeks.
Once matured the Photinia x fraseri leaves are dark green with red tips. During spring small white flowers blossom on the Red Tip Photinia which produce red berries likely to remain through until winter.
- Best Features: Bright red new leaves, evergreen foliage, year-round interest
- Ideal For Hedges: -
- Height and Spread: - 3m x 3m (10ft x 10ft)
- Growth Rate: Average | 20-40cm a year
- Position: Plant in a sunny or partially shaded site, sheltered from cold winter winds. Prefers fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Care: Water well before planting and until established. Feed in late spring with suitable granular fertiliser. Cut back hard in Summer to maintain shape.